Urgent UpdateEvening lessons will resume for Thursday, July 30th!
Members will be asked to review and follow the below guidelines before visiting the court to play:
- Only play with family or other individuals within your extended bubble, or individuals at low risk of COVID-19.
- Do not play if you or your playing partner:
- Exhibit any coronavirus symptoms;
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
- Are considered vulnerable or at risk (elderly, immunosuppressed, suffering from other serious health problems: such as high blood pressure, pulmonary diseases, diabetes, obesity and asthma)
- Before playing and during play:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before going to the court;
- Bring hand sanitizer;
- Clean your equipment;
- Do not share equipment;
- Bring enough water before leaving to avoid having to use fountains and taps;
- Consider wearing a mask and gloves;
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in a tissue or in your sleeve;
- Avoid touching handles, gates, benches or other objects where the virus could survive. If you must touch something, make sure you wash your hands and disinfect the surface you have touched;
- Singles: When playing with players outside of your bubble, it is recommended that you mark tennis balls for each player, and avoid touching the other players tennis balls (push them to the other players with your racket);
- Changing Sides: Change sides as normal, but remain physically distant from partners/opponents when doing so.
- Doubles: Reduce the amount of handling of tennis balls by passing them using racket or foot. Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after a match and clean your equipment regularly. Only use the balls for one match and discard, or disinfect between matches. For additional protection, wear gloves or use hand sanitizer throughout the match.
- If faced with a rain delay, members will be asked to wait in their cars or physically distanced under the covered area outside of the clubhouse.